We talk about adopting web standards, but maybe it's not so obvious why to do so or how to get started. Here are a few resources to get you going.
- Web Standards Project - fighting for web standards. Check their news and their LEARN section.
- Developing with Web Standards - why and how to use web standards. Excellent comprehensive introductory overview.
- Opera Web Standards Curriculum - Opera sponsored a series of tutorials on web standards.
- Web Standards Group has a useful resources page
- A Roadmap to Standards - How to get started working with web standards.
- MACCAWS - "Making A Commercial Case for Web Standards". In particular, see:
- Web Standards Learning Curve - advice on how to make the transition to web standards, where to start learning.
- Book: Jeffrey Zeldman's Designing With Web Standards
- Book: Dan Cedarholm's Web Standards Solutions
- See other recommended books in A Rant and A Few Resources For The Well Rounded Web Craftsman
- Web Development Mistakes Redux
- Web Standards Checklist
- Web Standards Link Bonanza, for those lazy Saturday afternoons…
- Usability U.S. Department of Health and Human Services